Frequently Asked Questions
1) I have some Crystal questions, will you answer them?
If you have attended one of my classes you are free to ask me questions by phone or Email. I usually provide these answers at no charge. If your question is really a consulting project then I will provide you with an estimate before I develop the answer. If you are not one of my former students than you will be charged for any time I spend working on your answer.
2) What if it is a really simple question?
If I took the time to answer every question I received I wouldn't have time for anything else. That is why I only answer questions for paying customers and former students. If you don't belong to either of these groups, please don't send a question unless you are willing to pay for the answer.
3) Before I buy one of your guides can you tell me if it will answer my question?
Sorry, but no. What is covered in the books is described in detail on my web site. If your question isn't addressed on that guide's description page, then please assume that your question won't be answered in that guide. The time I would spend to review your question, even a simple one, is almost always worth more than the guide.
4) How much do you charge?
I charge $150 per hour billed in 15 minute increments. For new customers I usually require a minimum initial purchase of 30-60 minutes, depending on they type of problem. If you pay for time and don't use it all you can use the balance (in 15 minute increments) up to 3 years from the date of purchase.
5) Can I get a refund on unused prepaid time?
Unused prepaid time is not refundable, but you can use it up to 3 years from the date of purchase.
6) Do I have to prepay before I even send you the question?
I like to screen the questions before you prepay to see if it is something I can answer. Send me an Email that says you are willing to pay for the answer. Include a brief version of the question. Individuals are usually asked to prepay using a credit card. If your company is paying for my time I don't mind having them authorize me to bill rather than having you prepay. See the button marked "Consulting " above for payment options.
7) What if you can't solve my problem?
I try to screen the questions before I take on a project so that I don't have disappointed customers. However, it is not always possible to know the answer without research and testing. It often takes some billable time to get a clear picture of a complex problem. So, on rare occasions I have to charge for time spent confirming that something can't be done.
8) Do you give discounts for students / non-profits / bulk purchases?
I charge everyone the same rate, no discounts.
9) If I send you some business will you pay me a referral fees?
I get plenty of work on my own so I don't pay referral fees.
10) What are the steps to saving a report with it's preview data?
I usually don't need your database to work on reports because in Crystal Reports you can save a report with its preview data.
1) Open the report
2) Preview the report and go to the last page.
3) Include just enough data to make the report meaningful (I rarely need more than 2-3,000 records).
4) Go to File-Report Options and put a checkmark in the option "Save Data with Report"
5) Save the report.
6) Test the report by closing it and reopening it. If it opens immediately into preview, then you have saved data.
7) Send me the RPT file as an Email attachment.
11) What is your return policy?
Hard copy materials:
Any defective books will be replaced once the originals are returned.
If you are unhappy with your first order you can return the books and get a full refund.
If you are unhappy with your downloadable materials you can get a full refund if you do the following:
1) Remove all copies of the files and links from your computers(s).
2) Agree not to download the materials again or share the material or links with others.
3) Agree not to purchase any other materials from this site without written permission.
Prepaid consulting time is not refundable.
I do not share my customers' contact information with anyone. The only exception is for users who ask me to recommend a 3rd party product. Whenever I Email information to a customer relating to a 3rd party product, I reserve the right to send a copy of my response to the companies I am recommending. You can request that I not send this copy.
13) What is your shipping method and typical delivery time?
If you are purchasing coursebooks or a protege class you will be sent hard copy books. These will be shipped by Priority Mail (USPS) unless another shipping method is requested (and paid for). Priority Mail is usually delivered within 5 business days, and much sooner in many cases.