Date parameter prompt errors

Sunday 5 June 2011 @ 2:15 pm

I have had several customers recently that had trouble with error messages related to parameters, especially date parameters.  The error says “An error has occurred in the script on this page”.  Sometimes everything is fine if you let it continue anyway and sometimes it doesn’t.  But even then it is an annoying hurdle for users.

In my research I have found that there isn’t a clear consensus on the cause or the solution.  Different things seem to work in different environments.  So I have decided to summarize the various solutions that I have read about and put them in one place to help me remember what to try.  So if you are having parameter problems here are some things that might help:

If you have a machine where the date prompts work, you can copy this folder:

For v12:
C:\program files\business objects\common\4.0\crystalreportsviewers12\prompting\

For v11.5:
C:\program files\business objects\common\3.5\crystalreportsviewers115\prompting\

For v11.0:
C:\program files\business objects\common\3.0\crystalreportsviewers11\prompting\

Then replace the same folder on the machine that doesn’t work.  The path will vary slightly depending on your version of CR.  Some have had to go one step further and replace the entire parent folder (crystalreportviewersXX) to get this to work.

And some have also had to also go to the BIN folder and replace the prompt.dll file:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\bin\

=======================
Another person had to:

Go to Internet options >  Advanced Tab > and reset web settings and restore defaults.
(The reset button might be on the Programs tab)

==========================================

If the above doesn’t help there is a long forum thread discussing this problem and includes some other ideas.









Leave a Reply

Jeff-Net
Recrystallize Pro

Crystal Reports Server