The section height in Crystal is an analog setting, not a digital setting. In other words you can’t go into the section expert and set the height of a section to exactly 1.25 inches. You have to go by the ruler on the side and make the adjustments visually. But if you know the secret, there is a way to force the section to be exactly the size you want. It relies on the fact that field objects have both a size setting and a position setting that you can set digitally. Here are the steps:
1) Make the section smaller than your target size.
2) Place an extra field near the top of that section.
3) Right click on the field and select “Object Size and Position”.
4) Set the “Y” property for this field to zero which puts the field at the top of the section.
5) Set the height property for this field to the desired height for the section.
6) Click ‘OK’
7) Delete the field.
When you click OK, the object will grow vertically to the desired height, forcing the section to grow. And, since the object is starting at position zero the section will be exactly the same height as the object. This makes it easy to create many sections that are all exactly the same height.