After updating Volume 1 of Expert Techniques a few weeks ago, I decided to read through the other two volumes to see if any of those articles needed to be updated. I didn’t find anything to update in Volume 3, but I found a handful of improvements to make in Volume 2. So this week I updated the text and a few reports in Volume 2.
I have already sent the update to those of you who purchased this volume in January 2009 (before today). If you purchased Volume 2 in 2008 (or earlier) please let me know and I will send you the update, or you can download that volume again using the original link. Here are the updated articles:
35. Grouping subtotals into ranges
41. Carving a memo field into smaller pieces
42. Expanding the design area in Crystal Reports
43. Reading an external image at runtime (or an image path stored in the database)
58. Suppress the Group Footer or change other properties at Drill-Down